I figured it was high time I dedicate a post to Mesa Verde National Park. Even though we haven’t had the pleasure of seeing this beautiful park it has been recommended to us by quite a few people. Mesa Verde National Park has been added to our “to do” list.
Some interesting facts about Mesa Verde National Park:
- Mesa Verde is Spanish for green table
- From A.D. 600 to 1300 Mesa Verde was home to the Pueblo people
- Mesa Verde National Park protects nearly 5,000 archeological sites including 600 cliff dwellings
- Park Point is the highest elevation in the park (8,427 feet)
- Park Point has a 360 degree panoramic view that is considered one of the grandest views in the country
- Mesa Verde National Park is located in southwestern Colorado
- Mesa Verde National Park occupies 81.4 square miles near Four Corners
Have you been to Mesa Verde National Park? What is your favorite National Park? I have a hard time narrowing it down to one park because there hasn’t been a National Park I don’t like but currently my favorites are Zion National Park and the Grand Tetons National Park.