Colorado is home to four National Parks:
1. Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park in Gunnison, Colorado (http://www.nps.gov/blca/index.htm)
2. Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in Mosca, Colorado
3. Mesa Verde National Park in Mesa Verde, Colorado
4. Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Colorado
We feel blessed to live in a state that boasts such beauty. Got summer plans? How about visiting one of these beautiful National Parks?
Fee Free Days in 2012
The National Park Service will offer the following Fee Free Days this year:
- January 14-16 (Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend)
- April 21-29 (National Park Week)
- June 9 (Get Outdoors Day)
- September 29 (Public Lands Day)
- November 10-12 (Veterans Day weekend)
Fees for activities such as camping, reservations, tours, or concessions are not affected by the entrance fee waiver on Fee Free Days.
A helpful tip: We have bought numerous America the Beautiful National Parks Pass(es) from REI (http://www.rei.com/product/837116/america-the-beautiful-national-parks-pass-2013) If you plan on going to more than one National Park in a year this pass will end up paying for itself.
Have you been to any National Parks in Colorado? How many National Parks have you visited in a year? We visited the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon in a week. That week my husband proposed at the Grand Canyon North Rim.:)