I know that “networking your blog” must seem like a random post in the midst of a blog about love living in Colorado but, I think it is important. I have been blogging about wonderful Colorado since February 28, 2012. To be honest, I had never blogged before. My mission for the lovelivingincolorado blog is still the same. I want to share all of the wonderful things to see, do, and eat in Denver and all around the state of Colorado. I want my blog to be positive. With this being said I have tried to figure out how to get more blog traffic. To date I have 247 wonderful followers of lovelivingincolorado and as I am typing I have 13, 340 all-time views. But, how do I get more blog traffic? This is what I have done so far to increase lovelivingincolorado traffic:
1. I set up a lovelivingincolorado facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-Living-in-Colorado/340789435975068
2. I am on Twitter: https://twitter.com/lovelivinginco
3. My dear friend graciously (http://www.etsy.com/shop/GrayciousDesigns) made me calling cards for lovelivingincolorado.4. I pass out my calling cards while out and about.
5. I reply to comments left on my blog.
6. I ask questions on my blog to initiate conversation.
7. I highlight key words and make sure I have links in my posts.
8. After I have blogged about a business or restaurant I contact them immediately to let them know I posted about their establishment on lovelivingincolorado. For example, my post about d bar Desserts in Denver—https://lovelivingincolorado.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/desserts-again/ was my busiest post generating 372 views in one day. I was so excited. d bar Desserts featured me on their facebook page after I contacted them about my blog.9. I try to blog Monday-Friday. I read that posting often is a good way to generate blog traffic. This has been a little bit difficult this month because we have had a full house with family and friends but I am going to get back into the swing of things.
10. Finally, I try to like and comment on other blogs. This is a little tricky. I want to like and follow blogs that interest me and entice me to comment. I don’t want to just like to like or follow to get followed (does that make sense?).
In my inbox this morning I found this great post by Bucket List Publications—http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/the-importance-of-social-media/ . It is a wonderful post that will keep you motivated to generate more blog traffic.
I would love to hear your recommendations on how to generate more blog traffic. Please let me know what you do to entice readers. I appreciate any and all feedback. Have a great Wednesday!