I am addicted to Instagram. This is one of the main reasons that my blogging days are few and far between. Don’t get me wrong, I love to write about Colorado but Instagram is well, so instantaneous (no pun intended)! This is a nice segue into my post about Pagosa Springs. I found some great pictures of Pagosa Springs on Instagram. We made a trip to Pagosa Springs in May to celebrate our anniversary. The drive alone was unbelievable! We had never taken that particular route so we were in awe at every turn!
The Collegiate Peaks are a wonderful surprise along this very picturesque drive. The Collegiate Peaks is a name given to a section of the Sawatch Range of the Rocky Mountains located in central Colorado.
Wolf Creek Pass is the other beautiful feature on this lovely Colorado drive. Wolf Creek Pass is a high mountain pass on the Continental Divide, in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado.
Treasure Falls is the other “treasure” along the route. Treasure Falls is a waterfall located off Hwy 160 about 15 miles northeast of Pagosa Springs, Colorado. The falls are named after a local legend of a treasure of gold on the mountain the falls plunges from.
While staying in Pagosa Springs we stayed at The Fireside Inn Cabins which are on the banks of the San Juan River and are probably the quietest accommodations that I have ever experienced.
What did we do in Pagosa Springs? We ate and soaked in the Pagosa Hot Springs. The Pagosa Hot Springs can best be described as many pools of varying temperatures. We were advised to start with lower temperature pools and then work ourselves up to the hotter temperatures. We had a great time! We celebrated our anniversary by enjoying a fabulous meal at the Alley House Grille.
Interested in visiting Pagosa Springs? Here are my recommendations:
1. If driving from Denver, take the US-285 route.
2. Definitely, stop at all of the scenic turnouts and take lots of pictures.
3. Book a cabin at The Fireside Inn Cabins and enjoy the grounds.
4. Soak in the Pagosa Hot Springs during the day.
5. Alley House Grille is a great dining experience. It is a Holy Good food experience!
6. Check out the Liberty Movie Theatre. Fun little historic theatre in downtown Pagosa Springs.
7. Soak in the Pagosa Hot Springs at night.
8. Check out the history of The Great Springs before visiting.